Monday, February 18, 2008

And I Said No, No, No!

I decided to spend the day doing what I do best- shopping! And hallelujah, what do I find but a gorgeous black and white print DVF wrap dress with bell sleeves on sale for $30. $30! That's probably less that the material cost to make the dress. Alas, 15 minutes in the dressing room trying desperately to make it fit, I realized it was a lost cause. Regardless of how beautiful the dress was, a bad fit would never do it justice.

I walked out of the store in defeat.

Now, I stopped drinking soda at the start of the new year, but this was clearly a special situation. I headed into the nearest 7-11 and beelined for the drinks.

What's this? A new flavor? I've been out of the game for far too long. Limited Edition Diet Dr. Pepper Cherry Chocolate? Cherries? Chocolate? Zero calories? $1 off coupon? Sold!



I cracked that bad boy open and took a swig. A swig of cherry cough syrup with not-so-subtle hints of chocolate scratch-n-sniff stickers.




Aye-aye says, "FAIL!"

No comments: