Thursday, November 1, 2007

When the Shower's A-Rockin'...

We had a rather sizable earthquake here a couple days ago. As well as, oh you know, about 40 aftershocks.

Normally when an earthquake hits, it means I won't be sleeping. Everyone in the Bay Area starts talking about the mythical "big one" (heh, that's what she said!) and I am determined to be awake if it hits.

This time, however, I didn't even feel the 5.6! In the past, measly 2.1's have been enough to cause sleepless nights, but this one I missed entirely.

Was it late at night? Was I ptfo'ed? No, no, it was only 8 p.m.

Here's the thing- I was in the shower. I did notice that the shower door popped open. Weird. But I just closed it and continued with my non-energy-conserving delicious waste of hot water. Only... my shower door slides. Which means the quake was strong enough, and shook back and forth long enough, to slide the door open. But is it really so surprising that I didn't feel the earthquake in the shower? Because really, the last thing you want to think about when you're naked? Your house collapsing around you.

No comments: