Monday, June 23, 2008

A Little Pam and BAM!

It has been sofa king hot in LA. Which means it has been 5 degrees hotter IN my apartment. Gotta love the lack of AC.

We've been making due by opening all the windows and running the fan (which sputters and seems to be on its last leg) nonstop. But at about 7 pm last night, I realized that I could not shut the sliding glass door. This is a problem since the door runs the length of our living room. Leaving it open would be exactly the same as letting our front door hang open while we were sleeping.

I waited for the roomie to come home and explained the problem. The two of us tried ganging up and both pulling as hard as we could, but the door would not budge.

Normally at this point, I would give up and call maintenance and go back to the internets. Except maintenance = our 65 year-old land lady who weighs 80 pounds. I was skeptical of how much help she could provide.

"Why don't you ask the guys across the way?"
"But we've never talked to them! What am I supposed to say? 'Hi. I noticed you're male...' I think it's off the track. I just don't know how to get it on. Do we have WD-40?"

Of course we don't have WD-40! But I could see a shiny part of metal had been exposed on the top of the track that should obviously needed to be popped back into place.

Hey, I may not fix things on a regular basis, but I do cook. WD-40 is oil right? Pam spray is oil right? How could spraying Pam on my sliding glass door possibly go wrong?

3 seconds after I tried, I was seriously regretting it. I had yellow goop racing down a glass door. Sigh.

So, I hit it. Really hard. And it popped back onto the track! Smooth as buttah.

And that's how you fix a door, bish.



Listening to: Katy Perry, One of the Boys

1 comment:

Neekoh said...

LOL! I srsly can picture that. And I think you should change the title of your blog to "It's me, bish."